My “Fall Off the Fork Keto Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast” is going to have your whole family licking their bowls clean and begging for more! Growing up, Sundays were classic beef pot roast days. The aroma of seasoned beef broth and onions slow cooking in the crock pot made waiting for dinner time quite difficult.
This Fall Off the Fork Beef Pot Roast is keto friendly and just as mouthwatering as my mother’s recipe. This meal makes a perfect low carb, high protein, high fat dish with only 3 g total carbs and 2 g net carbs! Pot roasts have short prep times and easy to make. This classic comfort food easily feeds the whole family. If you are just feeding two, you’ll have delicious leftovers waiting for you the next night.
This meal is hearty and filling on its own but if you want to add even more texture and flavor, I’ve given the options of adding radishes or parsnips in the recipe below.
The best beefs for pot roasts are round roast, chuck roast or beef brisket. Don’t skip seasoning and searing the beef. This step seals in moisture. If you don't have an Instant pot you can still use a crock pot for this recipe. The only difference is the cook time. Allow the roast to cook for 6-8 hours. Follow the recipe and BOOM! You have tender, falling-off-the-fork meat that will absolutely be the most mind blowing roast you’ve ever had!
Love slow cooker meals? Try our Ultimate Keto Korean Short Ribs.
Fall Off the Fork Keto Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- 3 lbs beef roast I use roast from MOINK.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil I like it for its high smoke point, great fat profile and its basically tasteless
- himalayan/kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups beef bone broth I use Butcher's. Beef broth can be used but your recipe will not be as good
- 3 parsnips
- 8 radishes
- Preheat instant pot. Set on saute and high heat
- Salt and pepper the roast on both sides. I use a lot of salt with my meat. Ideally let it rest for an hour or two.
- Brown the roast on all four sides in the Instant pot. turning it every 3-4 minutes. Once done, transfer to a plate
- Add the onion to the Instant pot and cook it until it starts to turn brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, bay leaf and bone broth
- Return the beef into the pot and tight the lid to the instant pot
- Select pressure cook (manual on older models) and set it on high. cook for 1 hour
- Once 1 hour is up use the quick release. If you want to add parsnips or radishes, now is the time to do it
- Either way, select manual/pressure cook and cook on high heat for another 10 minutes
- Once done, use the natural release for a good 10 minutes
- The nutritional information is for the meat and broth only