Lightly sweetened chunky crunchy carrot cake granola clusters. Our easy keto carrot cake granola recipe is grain free, protein packed and full of healthy fats. Each delicious granola cluster is seasoned with carrot cake spices of cinnamon, ginger and allspice. We made this satisfying low carb blend of granola with only 7g net carbs per serving.
There are so many reasons to love granola!!!!
1. Super easy to make
This is a fool proof recipe. Just stir the ingredients together, spread it on a baking pan and place in the oven. That’s it. You can also make large batches of this all at once. The granola stores nicely for two weeks.
2. Customize to your preferred taste
Now this recipe will probably surprise you. It’s a carrot cake granola made with no pecans or walnuts. Why???? I hate pecans and walnuts. So, I customized it to my taste preference which you can also do with this recipe. I use cashews and almonds but you can definitely substitute pecans or walnuts if you prefer. You can get completely creative with granola. Here are some keto approved ingredients you can try in your granola:
Nuts- pecans, macadamia, brazil, hazelnut, pine nuts, walnuts, peanuts, pistachios, almonds and cashews. Pecans, macadamia and Brazilian nuts contain the lowest carbs.
Seeds- flaxseed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds
Dried Fruit- unsweetened coconut flakes. I would not recommend these other dried fruits for this recipe but could be enjoyed sparingly in other granola recipes: raspberries, blackberries or strawberries
3. Very Versatile. We love eating granola for breakfast, a snack or topping.
Breakfast- In the morning enjoy a bowl of granola cereal. Pour unsweetened almond or cashew milk over a serving of the granola in a bowl. Your breakfast is ready.
Snack- eat the granola clusters as is. You can put a serving size portion in a sandwich bag for an on-the-go pick me up. If you prefer eating a granola bar as a snack you can easily cut the granola into bars instead of clusters.
Topping- top off your low carb yogurt, smoothie or ice cream
4. Make large clusters, bars or small pieces
I love large granola clusters! When I make my granola, I cut it into chunks. After 10 minutes in the oven, you can cut the granola into bars, chunks or small pieces.
5. Chewy or crunchy
Usually we fall into one of two categories with our granola preference….chewy or crunchy. I am definitely a fan of the chewy. Yep, large chewy granola clusters are my favorite. This recipe gives you the option of making your granola chewy or you can make it crunchier by just adding another 10 minutes of baking time.
Why do I use egg white in my granola recipe?
The protein in egg whites binds the ingredients together making chunky crunchy granola clusters.
Now go and enjoy this easy to make Keto Carrot Cake Granola just the way you like it!
For another protein low carb sanck check out our no bake keto “molasses” balls. Easy to make and delicious!
Keto Carrrot Cake Granola
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds chia seeds can be used
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder I use Isopure zero carb creamy vanilla
- 1/4 cup golden monkfruit
- 1 tbsp yacon syrup
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1-3 drops liquid sweetener adjust sweetener to your preference
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Do not use wax paper
- In a food processor add nuts and seeds. Pulse into small chunks
- place the nut and seed mixture in a mixing bowl. Add all dry ingredients: flaxseeds, protein powder, golden monkfruit, cinnamon, ginger and all spice. Stir until completely mixed
- add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl: carrot, vanilla extract, yacon syrup, almond butter, coconut oil , liquid sweetener and egg white. Stir until completely mixed
- Spread granola onto baking sheet. The layer should be about 1/4" thick
- Bake in the oven at 325 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove granola and cut into small chunks. or crumble into small pieces
- For soft granola allow to cool about 10 minutes
- For crispier granola return granola to the oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in air tight container up to 3 weeks
- Each serving contains 7 g net carbs