Keep this homemade brownie recipe handy. These crowd-pleasing fudgy bites will be requested over and over. The first time I made these for a large group, I ended up making two more batches that same night since it was the most popular desert over a holiday weekend and the first batch was gobbled up in no time. This recipe impressed not only our low carb, keto and gluten free guests but also those who ate the standard American diet, who were the majority. My teenager skeptics of sugar free, gluten free, low carb goodies were licking the brownie batter from the mixing bowl!
Did you know brownies have been enjoyed for over 125 years? Various stories claim the origin of the brownie and the stories state different dates but all in the 1890s. Some say the brownie began as a cook’s mistake while making a cake while others claim someone purposely wanted a chocolate cake variation. Either way we’ve been devouring these chocolate bar cookies for well over a century and we can keep on devouring them with this low carb version that contains only 1.5g of net carbs!
We’ve swirled a rich chocolate flavor with a delightful creamy peppermint layer to create these fudgy bites. The touch of peppermint is not overpowering. It’s the perfect amount to compliment the sweet chocolate base.
Pairing chocolate and peppermint together anytime of the year is sublime but if you are making them around the holidays or St Patrick’s day adding green food coloring to the cream cheese layer makes the brownies look fun and festive.
The key to keeping the fudgy texture of these bites is using the freezer. Not only does storing these brownies in the freezer make them last longer but it also maintains that chewy texture that is ooey- gooey satisfying. Enjoy your tasty keto fudgy peppermint brownie bites right out of the freezer.
You’ll love our other keto sweet treats!
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Bars
- Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Lemon Cheesecake Bites
- Raspberry or Blueberry Lemon Coconut Macaroons
- Crustless “Coconut” Pie
Keto Fudgy Peppermint Cheesecake Brownie Bites
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Xylitol Sweetener, I use Xyla (Lakanto Monkfruit or Swerve granulated sweetener work also) Do not use Stevia
- 1 egg must be room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I use a heaping 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup Xylitol Sweetener, I use Xyla (Lakanto Monkfruit or Swerve granulated sweetener work also) Do not use Stevia
- 9 tbsp salted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs must be room temperature
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Mix cream cheese and sweetener. Thoroughly blend with a mixer until smooth
- Add the egg, vanilla and peppermint extract and blend until well mixed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cocoa powder, sweetener and butter.
- Microwave until butter is melted as well as most of the sweetener which is about 90 sec. Stir occasionally while heating.
- Remove from the microwave and allow contents to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk one egg at a time into the brownie mixture until contents are smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour and continue to mix until well blended and the sweetener is completely dissolved, about 1 minute.
- Grease a 8x8 baking pan and pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the pan.
- Layer the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter.
- With a spoon drop the remaining brownie batter onto the cheesecake layer in a random pattern.
- Using a butter knife to swirl the contents together creating a marble effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees in center of oven until toothpick comes out moist, about 16-24 minutes. Baking time depends on sweetener you use. Do not overcook.
- Allow to cool. Place pan into freezer for at least 25 minutes then cut brownies into 24 pieces. Store remaining bites in the freezer.