All you keto meat lovers, get ready to gather around the table and sink your teeth into this hearty personal sized Italian meat lovers pizza. Each bite is loaded with meat and spicy Italian flavors. You’ll love the macros in this filling meal… 3g total carbs, 2g net carbs, 22g fat, 36g protein and only 337 calories!!!
I like to use spicy Italian chicken sausage vs Italian pork sausage to keep my calorie count lower, but you can definitely use pork sausage if you prefer. Just don’t forget to adjust your nutrition information if you switch. I really recommend you use a spicy Italian flavor of sausage for this keto Italian meat lovers pizza.
You’ll be missing out on a lot of flavor if you use regular sausage. When buying sausage, be sure to check the ingredients! Sugar is added to many brands out there.
Sizzling crisp bacon is my go-to crust for this recipe. The salty savory flavor and crispy texture of bacon balances perfectly with the other Italian flavors in the pizza. Here’s a fun fact. Did you know that the sizzling sound of frying bacon is used to aide in relaxation and help people fall asleep?
The perfect relaxing ambience for the keto lifestyle…. the sound of frying bacon.
If you prefer your bacon as a topping and not a crust, you can replace the bacon crust with a fat head pizza crust. For the topping I would only use 2 strips of cooked crispy bacon added to the other toppings in the recipe. Fat head pizza crust can be used with any of your favorite toppings. We love using pepperoni, basil and sun-dried tomatoes.
Here is the nutritional information for the fat head pizza crust. Makes 8 slices. Each slice of crust is 2g total carbs, 1g net carbs, 12g fat, 8g protein and 139 calories.
Either way you make this pizza, you’ll love it!
Keto Italian Meat Lovers Pizza
- 5 slices bacon I use Hempler's applewood smoked natural uncured bacon
- 1/8 tsp red onion diced
- 2 tbsp sugar free pizza sauce I used organic pizza sauce by Organicville
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese shredded
- 0.5 oz roma tomatoes sliced, guts removed
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 oz hot Italian chicken sausage I use Isernio's hot Italian chicken sausage
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Weave bacon slices together to form crust
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until cooked to desired crispiness.
- Remove from the oven and drain off bacon grease.
- Add the toppings and return to the oven one last time for 10 minutes.
- Slice the pizza into 3 pieces.
- Top with crushed red pepper flakes. Serve hot and enjoy!