Indulge in this creamy chicken low carb version of your classic red sauce enchiladas. These keto white sauce green chili chicken enchiladas are smothered in white sauce, green chilies and filled with flavorful chicken. Your family will love this twist on their favorite Mexican comfort food!
These white chicken enchiladas are milder than the red sauce version, but you don’t have to skip out on the heat if you don’t want to. Chop up some jalapenos and add them to your sauce to spice this things up.
A pan full of ten creamy enchiladas makes the perfect meal for a family or leftovers to enjoy during the week. The filling and topping for each enchilada is only 3g total carbs and 2g nets carbs which allows you to still stay in ketosis or low carb with the tortilla of your choice.
So, what are your tortilla options?
- Buy them online or in the store. To save time you can buy low carb or keto wraps/tortillas. Most of them will be made from cassava flour, coconut flour or almond flour. Just make sure they are pliable enough to fold and hold the filling.
- Make your own tortillas. I made my own for this recipe and they turned out amazing. There are multiple low carb and keto recipes for tortillas online. Here is the link to the recipe I used.
Want more easy and delicious keto Mexican recipes?
Satisfy your family’s Mexican food cravings with this keto beef enchiladas rojas recipe.
In the mood for something light and flavorful? You’ll love our keto avocado shrimp Mexican ceviche recipe. It’s a perfect summertime dish.
Keto White Sauce Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
Your family will love these creamy cheesy chicken enchiladas.
- 2.5 cup chicken shredded
- 2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- 4 oz green chiles diced
- 2 cup chicken bone broth chicken broth works also
- 1/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp adobo seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 tortillas Low carb or home made. I use this recipe. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Best-Keto-Paleo-Tortillas-Taco-Shells-Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan
- Stir together the chicken, salt, pepper, adobo seasoning and 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese in a medium size mixing bowl
- Wrap an even amount of the chicken mixture into each tortilla and align them in the baking pan
- On the stove top, melt butter in a medium sauce pan
- Add the almond flour and xanthum gum. whisk for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken bone broth and whisk until blended
- Add the sour cream and green chiles and stir until warm.
- The sauce will be thin and will thicken during baking
- Pour the white sauce over the wrapped tortillas in the baking pan
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Bake for 25 min or until the cheese is bubbly
- Please note the nutritional information is for the filling only. The total nutrition will depend upon which tortillas you use.