Pancakes are so popular; restaurants are created around these tasty morning stacks. Eating Keto or low carb doesn’t mean you have to miss out on this Saturday morning staple. Every weekend you can stay in your pajamas and make these simple and delicious low carb pancakes. I make these Simply Delicious Keto Perfect Pancakes every Saturday morning as this recipe is husband approved: “Yum! These taste like the real thing. The only problem with them is that they’re gone too fast.”
Keto pancake recipes tend to create flat, eggy or dense pancakes. Not only do these simply delicious keto perfect pancakes taste and feel like real pancakes but they are also high in protein, high in fat and low in carbs. This recipe makes four filling and oh so satisfying pancakes with only 8.6g net carbs.
Utilizing a zero carb protein powder keeps the carb count lower than most Keto pancake recipes. Our favorite protein powder is Isopure zero carb creamy vanilla flavor. The vanilla adds a nice base note of flavor which is perfect for pancakes.
These pancakes are easy to make. With only four ingredients you have homemade low carb pancakes. If you already cook low carb you probably have all these ingredients in your kitchen already: coconut flour, cream cheese, eggs and protein powder.
- Using a blender is key to generating the right consistency for your short stack. Mixing the batter for 45 seconds on low creates the perfect texture to pour the batter onto the griddle straight from the blender jar. I personally use the Ninja Professional Blender 1000. I bought it two years ago and love it. I use it regularly for a variety of recipes. It has the power to crush through ice fast to make smoothies and holds up to 72 oz.
- Avoid unevenly cooked, burned or under cooked flapjacks by utilizing a griddle. Griddles heat evenly, have the proper thickness and low sides so you can flip your pancakes with ease. I use an 11 inch square griddle
- Want more than your basic weekend pancakes? Try adding one of these to the batter: Cinnamon, Banana extract, Pumpkin Pie Spice or Almond extract.
- Toppings to try: Sugar free chocolate chips (we use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips), Swerve or Monkfruit powdered sweetener, Crumbled Bacon, Raspberries or Blackberries, Sugar free syrup or Butter
Simply Delicious Keto Perfect Pancakes
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tsp Isopure Zero Carb Creamy Vanilla Protein Powder or your favorite vanilla flavored protein powder
- 2.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- Pre heat griddle on medium-low heat. Grease griddle with a little butter
- Place cream cheese and eggs into the blender and blend on low
until thoroughly mixed.
- Add protein powder and coconut flour. Blend on low for 45 seconds. If you blend longer the batter will become thicker.
- Pour the batter (I pour the batter straight from the blender jar) onto the griddle into four even pancakes
- Once the pancake edges form small bubbles flip with pancakes with a large spatula and cook the other side until edges are firm. Remove pancakes with a large spatula and enjoy your steaming short stack.